Sunday, December 16, 2007

FolderShare

So my buddy Dan told me about this awesome program called FolderShare... and I don't know if I'll ever look at another Network File System again!

No seriously, that's how good this program is. You can build a network of your own computers that all replicate files back and forth automatically, you can set restrictive permissions for a user that allows addition but not deletion or editing of files, you can do everything remotely that you would do locally if you configure the app another way. Best of all, it seems to work seamlessly around NAT restrictions.

I doubt this will get past the Thomson corporate firewalls... and that's a damn shame, I sure hope the app works internally at least! It just does what it sounds like, share a folder, and it does it extremely well. Revision history is another thing, and I'm keeping Subversion around for this purpose... and the presentation layer is born! Sweet.

Download it here.

No comments: